Uniforms are a part of life at St. Joseph School. It is school policy that students wear uniforms and that each student follows the uniform code. The uniform policy is established to promote fairness and equality, instill discipline, prevent disruption, and avoid safety hazards. All students P-8 will wear uniforms during the school day including class trips away from the school, unless otherwise noted by the supervising teacher. Students failing to follow the policy will receive a uniform infraction notice, and if possible, the school will correct the problem with uniforms in our used uniform closet. If we are unable to correct the situation, parents will be notified to bring the correct uniform apparel to school. Students will remain in the office until the correct uniform is brought. (See uniform components in next section.) ·
PARENTS, we ask that you enforce the uniform code with your children by making sure that they are properly dressed before leaving home. This will cut down on classroom time being taken away by dealing with uniform infractions. Not only do we have concerns that children are allowed to come to school with adequate dress for the weather; we are also concerned that children come to school without proper uniform dress.· The approved vendors for the SJS uniforms are Shaheen’s in Louisville and the Lands’ End School Uniform catalog.
There are NO approved vendors through any Bowling Green merchants. If uniform components are purchased from other vendors, they must look identical to the components from Shaheens and Lands End. This includes style as well as color. Keep in mind that there are varying shades of navy and khaki and only the ones from our vendors are the approved colors.
ORDERING INFORMATION IS INCLUDED. PLEASE USE THE LIST OF APPROVED ITEMS FROM LANDS’ END BEFORE ORDERING FROM THAT VENDOR.· Uniforms should be clean and intact. Faded, torn, discolored, or stained components are unacceptable. If families are passing shorts and slacks down among children, they must not be faded when used, (try dye).·
SHIRTS/BLOUSES should not have lace, embroidery, or logos on them. Shirts/blouses must be tucked in at all times, except P.E. or recess. If T-shirts are worn under the uniform shirt for warmth, they must be plain white with no printing or logos on the front or back.·
SHOES: White-soled or non-scuffing rubber soled shoes are required, athletic shoes are preferred. No open toe or open back shoes, sandals, cowboy boots, jelly shoes, heels, dress boots, platform, wooden sole, or fad shoes may be worn with the uniform. Boots may be worn during inclement weather but must be changed after arriving at school.·
SOCKS: Socks may only be solid white or navy, any length, and must be worn at all times. Socks may not have stripes, logos, lace or other ornamentation. Navy or white tights are approved to be worn under the skirt, jumper, or skort but must be solid without cable or ornamentation. Leggings are not approved.·
BELTS: Belts are required for all students, except Preschool, if the pants or shorts being worn have belt loops. The belts must be brown, black, or navy blue and must be worn completely through the belt loops. No chains, scarves, or other novelty belts are allowed.· Non-uniform sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets, coats, etc. may not be worn indoors. They may be worn over to church but must be taken off before mass begins.·
HEADWEAR: Hats, caps, bandanas, hair scarves, or head wraps may NOT be worn indoors. Headbands (without bandanas attached), hair bows, barrettes, pony-tail holders are acceptable. Extreme hair styles and/or coloring are not permitted. Scrunchies, pony-tail holders, and rubber bands must be worn in the hair and not on the wrist.
· JEWELRY AND MAKEUP: Jewelry should be limited to watches, rings, and crosses or religious medals on a narrow silver or gold chain (rope or beaded chains are not acceptable). Girls with pierced ears may wear earrings that are small and unobtrusive, and they may not hang down past the earlobe. No other jewelry may be worn. Students that use make-up must be conservative in its use. It should not be apparent that make-up is being worn. Tattoos or any kind and body piercing (except earlobes) is not allowed. Rubber wrist bands or rubber bands may not be worn.
· PANTS/SHORTS/SKIRTS/SKORTS must be worn at the waist and not pulled down or rolled up. All shorts, skorts, and skirts must be Bermuda length (AT THE KNEE LENGTH).
· SCOUT UNIFORMS: Official scout uniforms may be worn on meeting days. Scouts should wear official uniforms, not scout leisurewear. All members of the same group (troop, den, etc.) should wear the same uniform. The length of shorts and skirts must comply with the length for the school uniform components.
· PHYSICAL EDUCATION It is mandatory that middle school students bring a t-shirt to change into for PE. Shirts must not advertise or refer to alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, bars, use inappropriate language, convey openly or covertly unacceptable sentiments or themes. It is optional to change into shorts, but the shorts must be at-the-knee length. It is optional for 4th and 5th grade students to change into a t-shirt for PE.
UNIFORM COMPONENTS: These components should be purchased through the two approved vendors, Shaheen’s and Lands End Uniforms. If not, they must look exactly like the components that are sold by these two vendors.
· BLOUSES/SHIRTS: White only short or long sleeved, round collar, “Peter Pan” collar, button-down collar, Knit polo, or Turtlenecks.Red short or long sleeved knit polo, or turtleneck from Land’s End for grades Pre – 8th. Navy short or long sleeved knit polo or turtleneck from Land’s End for grades 6th-8th. Uniform shirts must always be worn under the uniform sweatshirt. Orders for polo shirts with the school logo are placed in the fall and spring through the school office. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
· SWEATSHIRTS: Solid navy (royal blue is not acceptable), no pockets or hoods. Orders for the sweatshirts with the school logo are placed in the fall through the school office. Sweatshirts and sweaters may not be worn tied around the waist.
· SWEATERS: Navy only, plain knit only, no cable knit. Sweaters may be v-neck or crew neck pullover or a cardigan.
· SHORTS: Pre-5th Grades: Navy Blue, tailored, Bermuda length (at the knee length). Elastic waist shorts are only approved for Pre & Kindergarten students.6th – 8th Grades: Dark khaki (provided by vendors), tailored, Bermuda length (at the knee length).Cargo Shorts are NOT approved uniform components.
· SLACKS: Pre-5th Grades: Navy, tailored for both boys and girls. 6th –8th Grades: Dark khaki, tailored. Cargo pants are NOT approved uniform components.
· JUMPERS: Plaid jumpers may be purchased through approved vendors and can be worn by Pre-4th Grade Girls.
· SKIRTS/SKORTS: PLAID SKIRTS ARE NO LONGER UNIFORM COMPONENTS. Pre -5th grade girls may wear the navy blue skorts, Bermuda length (at the knee length) 6th – 8th grade girls may wear the dark khaki skorts, Bermuda length (at the knee length). The skorts available through the approved vendors are the only skorts that can be worn. Corduroy shorts, slacks or skorts are NOT approved uniform apparel.
LANDS’ END SCHOOL, UNIFORM CATALOG – APPROVED UNIFORM COMPONENTS
- Polo Shirts (Girls & Boys) - pages 6 & 9 (A,B), short or long sleeve – white red or classic navy
(St. Joe logo not available)
(Cargo Chino Slacks NOT approved)
- Navy Sweaters (Girls & Boys) - page 11 ( A,B, D, E) – NO CABLE
- Navy & Red Turtlenecks - page 12 (C)
- Girls Solid White Blouses - page 28 – short or long sleeve (3/4 sleeve not approved)
- Girls Chino Skorts – page 20 ONLY (B) – at the knee length (this is the only approved skort)
- Plaid Jumper - page 26 (A) Hunter/Classic Navy Plaid
- Girls Chino Slacks (pleated or plain front) – page 18 (A,B)
- Girls Shorts (pleated or plain front) – page 19 (E) –at the knee length
- NO PLAID SKIRTS
- Boys Chino Slacks (pleated or plain front) – page 47 (A,B) and page 49 (A,B,C,D)
- Boys Chino Shorts ( pleated or plain front) – page 47 (F) and page 49 (E,F)
(Cargo Shorts NOT approved) ALL RED & NAVY UNIFORM SHIRTS MUST BE ORDERED FROM LANDS’ END ***FOLLOW THESE PAGE NUMERS WHEN ORDERING*** May 22, 2008 ATTENTION PARENTS: Please find attached the 08-09 School Uniform Policy & Components List and at the bottom is information on ordering from Lands’ End. THE LANDS END UNIFORM CATALOG WILL MAILED TO EACH FAMILY IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS FROM THE COMPANY – SO WATCH FOR THAT AND KEEP THE ATTACHED UNIFORM INFORMATION with CATALOG.
NOTE: Lands’ End gift cards can be used to purchase school uniforms – and good news, Lands’ End benefit has increased from 9% to 17%. You must purchase your gift card(s) from the school gift card program to benefit from this increase in the gift card program. Gifts cards available in $25 and $100. Also included today is the Price Sheet for SHAHEEN’S which Will be at Holy Spirit on July 9th. Thank you, May 22, 2008
ATTENTION PARENTS: Please find attached the 08-09 School Uniform Policy & Components List and at the bottom is information on ordering from Lands’ End. THE LANDS END UNIFORM CATALOG WILL MAILED TO EACH FAMILY IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS FROM THE COMPANY – SO WATCH FOR THAT AND KEEP THE ATTACHED UNIFORM INFORMATION with CATALOG. Also included today is the Price Sheet for SHAHEEN’S which Will be at Holy Spirit on July 9th. Thank you,